We are an award winning a cappella chorus of approximately 70 women based in Marple, Stockport. In May 2015 we were crowned national champions and are current European bronze medalists. We love to sing with passion, musicality and energy but fun and friendship are as important to us as the music. Heartbeat sing a variety of a cappella music including pop songs, showtunes, choral, jazz and barbershop standards. Songs range from Christina Aguilera’s ‘Candyman’, to Frank Sinatra’s ‘All the Way’, from Queen’s ‘Somebody to Love’ to the traditional American choral song ‘Shenandoah’. Heartbeat Chorus are available to sing at a variety of conferences, weddings, birthday parties and other events. We also have a smaller chorus, ensembles and quartets available where needed. Previous shows and venues where the Chorus have performed include Tatton Flower Show, Plaza Theatre in Stockport, Lyme Park, Eyam Hall, singing with the Military Wives at Gawsworth Hall’s open air theatre to supporting Jonathan Antoine at the Lowry in Salford. We are a diverse range of women: ages range from early 20s to 70s and they come from all walks of life (nurses, bookkeepers, radiographers, stay at home mums, grandmothers, lawyers, teachers and even a wig maker!).
We have just competed in Las Vegas at the Sweet Adelines International competition where we came 19th!!!
- Sweet Adelines Region 31 Champions 2015
- International Eisteddfod, Langollen – Silver 2014
- European Bronze medallists 2013
- Sweet Adelines Region 31 Bronze medallists 2013
- North Wales Music Festival – Champions (two classes) 2012
- SABS (Spanish barbershop association) – International Champions 2012
- Majestic Tours Choral Champions 2011